Tuesday 31 March 2009

The big one is getting closer...

Most bookies are now going non runner no bet. So I will pass on my choices for the National. State Of Play is the first choice. I have backed this one at odds of 25/1 and 20/1. My only doubt was it staying the trip but the trainer is confident he will. Hear The Echo is my other choice. Impressive winner of the Irish version, he has been laid out for this and has very similar claims to past Irish winners of this race.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now what about Tuesday? Well a couple catch the eye first of all Island Express in the 2.20 at Folkestone. The market will be a good guide, but for what looks a very weak race he is certainly bred to go a bit. Benozzo Gozzoli is our second choice in the 5.35. He has steadily improved on the all-weather and will enjoy this step up in trip on handicap debut.

No comments:

Post a Comment